Libra Association Website Data Policy
This website is owned and operated by the Libra Association (“Libra,” “us,” “our”). This Data Policy applies to the Libra Association website (“Website”). This Data Policy describes our practices for handling your information collected in connection with this Website.
Collection of Information
When you interact with us through our Website, we may collect or receive the following of information:
- Information you provide directly to us. We may collect information from you such as your name and email address, such as when you subscribe for more information on the Website.
How We Use Information
Information collected by our Website will help inform the design and implementation of Website. We may also use information you provide us to operate and improve the functionality of the Website.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with certain third parties as set forth below:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers who support our website, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, business analytics, and data processing.
- Partners. We may share information with the entities that make up the Libra Association (“Partners”). For more information about our Partners, look at the “Association” tab.
- Legal and safety purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the website, our affiliates, owner, users, or the public.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Website to share information about your experience on the Website with others, these services are outside our control. These third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Website, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Website, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Our Legal Bases For Processing Information
We rely on a variety of legal bases to process data, including:
- as necessary to fulfill our Terms;
- consistent with your consent, which you can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative personalised, safe and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms that require protection of personal data.
You may withdraw consent at any time. Such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How You Exercise Your Right
Under applicable laws, you have the right to access, rectify, port, and erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by contacting us,
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and
- the right to have us delete your personal information.
You may delete your information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete all the information we have about you, such as information from cookies and information you have provided us.
We generally retain information until it is no longer necessary to serve the purposes for which it was collected. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
We utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission and rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the European Economic Area to the United States and other countries.
The data controller responsible for your information is Libra, which you can contact us at:
Quai de l'Ile, 13
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
The Website is available only for your personal and informational purposes. We make no representations or warranties of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the information and other materials made available through the Website. The Website is not liable for any decisions you may make in reliance of this content.
We provide these services to you and others. We ask that you make the following commitments:
- Not use the Website if you are under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country).
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
You may not access or use, or attempt to access or use, the Website to take any action that could harm us or any third party, interfere with the operation of the Website or use the Website in a manner that violates any laws. For example, and without limitation, you may not:
- Share anything that breaches these Terms or other applicable terms;
- Upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our products;
- Access or collect data from our products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access; and
- Engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any person from using or enjoying the Website or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us or any of our users, affiliates, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
Violations of system or network security may result in liability. We may suspend or terminate your access to the Website for any reason at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liabilities
The website is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, or other violation of rights. We do not warrant the adequacy, currency, accuracy, likely results, or completeness of the website or any third-party sites linked to or from the website, or that the functions provided will be uninterrupted, virus, or error-free. We expressly disclaim any liability for any errors or omissions in the content included in the website or any third-party sites linked to or from the website. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
In no event will we, or our owner, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and assigns be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, lost profits, or other damages whatsoever arising in connection with the use of the website. Any interruption in availability of the website, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, loss of data, or use, misuse, reliance, review, manipulation, or other utilization in any manner whatsoever of the website or the data collected through the website, even if one or more of them has been advised of the possibility of such damages or loss.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our owner, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns harmless from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), claims, damages, and liabilities related to or associated with your use of the website and any alleged violation by you of these Terms. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as we reasonably request.
If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a Member State of the European Union, the laws of that Member State will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms, and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that Member State that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved in a competent court in Switzerland and that Swiss law will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.